8 large eggs
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
½ yellow onion, finely chopped
3 parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
1 pound asparagus, finely chopped
zest of 2 lemons
¼ cup parmesan cheese, finely grated (optional)
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
How to cook:
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, then set aside. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and parsnip. Sauté until tender.
- Add asparagus and sauté an additional minute, until bright green, then add lemon zest, cheese, spices, and sea salt.
- Transfer to the cake pan. Pour eggs over the vegetable mixture, stirring to combine.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. Slice and serve.