2 bell red or green bell peppers, cut into half lengthwise, remove seeds
4-5 large eggs
2 cups kale, remove stems and cut thinly
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ small onion, diced
4 turkey breakfast sausages (optional)
½ cup pumpkin seeds, no shells
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook:
- Preheat oven to 400°. Rub pepper halves with a bit of olive oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs with a small pinch of salt. Set aside.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and pour in the remaining olive oil. Add onions and turkey sausage, and sauté until onions are tender. Add kale and cook until done.
- Add sauteed kale to eggs and mix it. Spoon mixture into the 4 pepper halves until full. If the filling is not enough, you can add egg to the mixture.
- Bake for 25-40 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and serve.